пятница, 10 июня 2016 г.

teacup sculpture 4

teacup sculpture 4


teacup sculpture 4


i love your teacup creation! i would have never knew duco cement could create such a fine masterpiece! i love your version so much more than uo! u r so good w/the spray paint. i am anti-spray paint (& it was white, too.) after a spray paint debacle where it got in my eye and stung the hell out of me. love the mug u made for grandma. we were arguing about chicken feet the other day, lol. she kept wanting to give me money to buy her more and i wouldn’t take it, telling her i will buy her more w/o her money. she’s yelling at me saying in chinese, ‘what?! it’s not enough for u?’ and i’m lol, telling her to put her money back in her wallet. she tells me she’s not going to eat it next time and i told her that is fine (but i know she will, lol). i like it when grandma has some feisty-ness in her. i bought her some more but my dad needed to go to costco so he just left it with her and she ate it, lol.


love the camera, too. gives my old digital camera, camera-envy.


She is SO feisty, omg. She insisted that we take the mug back with us because someone would steal it. She also wasn’t too impressed with it, but it’s impossible to get her a gift that pleases her. Everything eventually gets put away/isn’t used. I’ve gotten her bracelets, earrings, sweaters -- all of its gone after a few weeks. No idea what happens to it. She claimed someone stole her sweater and then Shirley found it in her drawer. Ugh.


Our point and shoot camera was purchased at the airport in Texas, lol. It was during a connecting flight. We realized my sisters packed my camera so we had to pay $290 for a basic Lumix. That hurt but whatever.


i’d worry if she wasn’t so feisty. she liked the blanket i got her and i had ‘grandma ma’ embroidered on it. i think she’s not used to receiving things/gifts. still love the camera. the pics r really great!


I have told you before, but I love how it came out! And also the clarity of the photos with your new camera! Now I want a dslr


Helene


Bon Vivant + a Budget


Loool. Totally just saw this pop up in another craft blog I subscribed to. I was like, “heyyyy. I know her!” Heeh, pretty cool!


Yay! Share the link, por favor.


Pingback: Teacup Sculpture Love | El Brooklyn Taco


Pingback: Jewelry Organizer Round-Up | fanofstuff.com


Pingback: Teetassen-Schmuckhalter » unikatissimas


Pingback: Tea Cups Jewelry Holder » unikatissima's


Pingback: DIY Jewelry Organizing Roundup! | Queen Lila-royalty crafts


I love this!! I am hosting a table at our girlfriends tea to benefit the local cancer association and we are looking for donations for the silent auction….I am so gonna make one of these. I can’t wait to go thrift store shopping. I will get more epoxy also! Thanks for sharing


Awesome! Let me know how it turns out!


A few weeks ago, I began assembling my tea cup jewelry organizer inspired by something from Urban Outfitters.


When I last left off, I’d used up all my tea cups and was just waiting to get more before I spray painted the whole thing white. Well, I got more tea cups from my mom and glued the whole thing to an old plate so there would be more room to hang necklaces and other random stuff. After a fresh coat of leftover wedding white spray paint – voila!


teacup sculpture 4


This photo shoot took place on our couch because it is COLD outside. I used ST’s Canon Rebel T3i and processed the photos using free Photoshop actions called Victorian PS and Sunshine Pop. I layered the actions in that order. The results are a bit yellow, but I like the warm glow. It reminds me of summer afternoon light, which I sorely miss basking in.


teacup sculpture 2 teacup sculpture 1 teacup sculpture 3


The old shopaholic me would refrain from DIY versions of things I like because:


I’m lazy.


It’s easier to buy it.


I don’t like my own version as much as the mass-produced, generic version.


But making this was so fun! I was actually excited to finish it. I also genuinely like it more than the UO version.


I ran out of Duco Cement (there wasn’t too much left in the tube I inherited) so Kim and I went to Michael’s to take a look at their glue selection. Side note: Download the Michael’s app for coupons. All you have to do is show the cashier.


After consulting with two employees who really didn’t know anymore about epoxy glue than I did (they tried their best though), I selected E-6000. Duco Cement was a viscous and I wanted something with a thicker consistency. Also, Michael’s doesn’t carry Duco Cement.


e-6000 glue is so crappy


You guys, this stuff sucks. Don’t use it.


It looks and smells all industrial strength but it’s not. I used the rest of my Duco Cement to glue the first layer of cups on a new sculpture and then E-6000 on the next two layers. It’s been three days, and some of the cups glued with E-6000 STILL come off when I pull on them. So frustrating. Also, I read the back label after I’d used it for twenty minutes and apparently the fumes from it are toxic. Super.


So sometime soon, we’re heading over to Sears to pick up another tube of Duco Cement for $2.49


Original article and pictures take http://elbrooklyntaco.com/tea-cup-art-complete/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий